Re: [IP] Pump Safety Alarms, Sites, Changing basal rates

Celia,

To answer your question about needing to change your basal rates on a daily
basis, my response is not usually, EXCEPT... I need to ramp up my basal rate
for a few days before my menstrual period.  (My apologies to all you guys,
but this is a real problem for most of us women.)  It is very easy to set the
basals for this.  I don't use a temporary basal rate for this because the
alarms cause everyone in the room to look at me, and I don't feel like
explaining.  Usually, after the first day of menstruation, I set it back down
to normal.  This has really helped.

Mary Jean