Re: [IP] Humalog

> That's right, why would you want to carry it when there is 50 to 300
> units in the syringe in the pump.  You can always draw it out with a
> standard injection syringe if the pump dies.

I disagree.  Most new pumpers are not taught to disconnect at the leur lock
to withdraw insulin to use in an injection, as Michael suggested earlier.
Besides, what if the pump is out of insulin? I realize this is preventable,
but it does happen.  The extra supplies are for backup.  It sounds like you
are cutting yourself short, by not taking what you need. Does a bottle of
insulin take up that much space? You have to carry the meter and BG testing
supplies anyway.

Gina