[IP] Leslie

Gosh, I know it is Saturday, but I was so busy yesterday, I didn't have time
to go back over my letters to respond. In the last three months, I have had
plenty of experience with exercise and pumping. It was trial and error
really. I took my common sense and tried to figure out how much insulin I
would need for that period of time that I was exercising. The Dr. told me to
cut my basal rate in half during, a half an hour before until a half an hour
after exercising.That did not work at all. I was shocking every time. So it
took me about a month to get it exactly right, and sometimes that doesn't
work either. I didn't want to have to eat before exercising either. That was
why I was there, to lose weight. I thought that was defeating the purpose.
But to make a long story short, I can be done. If Michael's daughter Lily can
do it, and she's 11 now, I think anyone can give it a good try.
Karla