Re: [IP] Humalog

Dear B,

I was told that Humalog has a shelf live of 1 month outside the frig.
I was told to carry an extra set and reservoir with me at all times, just in
case I need to change it. (Unexplained high BG's). Therefore I carry my
Humalog along with me. Also. I was assured that it would be fine for one
month. I specifically questioned this.

As far as the phamacist is concerned, he is absolutely wrong about keeping it
out of the frig until it is opened. I certainly wouldn't want to go to his
pharmacy.

A few years ago, there was an article in the Forecast magazine about the
insulins. (Of course, it didn't include Humalog.) It said that all insulin
should be refrigerated until opening it. Then it may be left unrefrigerated
for up to one month. Otherwise, if refrigerated after opening, it would be
good for 3 months. I was also told this at Joslin.

Sissy