Re: [IP] need some info

Leslie,

Your 15 year old patient will benefit greatly from the pump once the correct
basal rates have been established.  There is also a temporary basal rate that
can be used if exercise is impromtu or occurs at different times during the
day.  I, too, had severe bouts of hypoglycemia while taking NPH and Regular
insulin but have had only two since starting on the pump.  The pump is
wonderful and I encourage your young friend to take the plunge and be a
pumper!!

Best of luck,
Pat