[Previous Months][Date Index][Thread Index][Join - Register][Login]
[Message Prev][Message Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]

[IP] Insurance

Look into COBRA coverage from your husband's company.  Providing he works for
a large enough company, you are eligible for continuing coverage for 18
months due to your divorce.  You pay for the coverage, but the coverage
remains the same as what you had before your divorce.  I've done it numerous
times when my husband has changed jobs.  That gives you time to find a job
that offers good group coverage.  Also, the government has passed legislation
so that if you have been covered previously, when you change insurance, your
previous insurance applies to the pre-existing waiting period, so that
hopefully you will be covered right away.  They have done some good things
for us.