Re: [IP] Turning Off Alarms

Sissy,

<< Dear B,

 I just got to thinking about your saying to leave the old set on awhile
after
 inserting the new set, so the insulin under the skin can bee absorbed. Won't
 you be getting too much insulin then? After all, the new set is delivering
 insulin the same time you are absorbing insulin from the old set. Does this
 make sense or not?

 Sissy

No, you wouldn't be getting any more then if you hadn't changed that day.
 You just wouldn't be getting any less.  This may not ahppen with everyone
but, I had highs from this everytime I changed.  What I would do is take out
the old and clean the area real good then get in the shower.  After I was
finished with my shower I would put in the new.  But, when I asked the group
and my doctor about the highs, my doctor thought I was crazy but, Michael
suggested leaving the old set in until after any insulin not yet absorbed is
absorbed.  It worked like a charm.  No more highs after changing.

Thank God for Michael.  I don't know how he remembers all of these tid bits
when he doesn't even do it himself.

Bye for now.