Re: Re: [IP] Spouse's feelings about pumping

Along with Karla, I too, am wondering as to why one is put on saline first.
If it is to get used to the pump, why can't you just wear it, and pretend you
are bolusing. Why does saline have to be bolused.
Is this happening so as to get practice inserting the sets? I see no reason
for this either.. There is no way, by using saline, that you will know
whether you have done it right anyway. (Like BG's going up, because you are
not being delivered  the correct amount of insulin.) This just seems to be a
waste of sets.

Please explain.

Sissy