Re: [IP] Spouse's feelings about pumping

David,

I am so sorry to hear about your wife's feelings. I had that problem with
Larry at first but when he saw that it was not "in the way" during personal
times and that it made me a better person by controlling my sugars. You
forget about it even being on you sometimes, and since it looks like a
beeper, you don't look like you are hooked to a machine.
I am with someone now who could care less about it being on and jokes about
the little extension sticking out when I use the Quick Release. He is glad
that I can take care of myself and am almost "normal" like the rest of them.
I hope you got my letter about the tape I use. I'm telling you, my skin is so
sensitive! I don't have a problem with the tape that comes with the
soft-sets, as long as I use "skin prep" first. The tegaderm is very good, for
it sticks very well. I use the 24" tubing now and you can't walk away from
that like you could with the 42" tubing. I have dropped it in the toilet a
few times and it has fell down as far as it reaches without pulling it out or
moving the tape. If you give me your address, I will send you one to try. If
you don't want to give it out, write me directly. I will be glad to help you
out.
I never heard of using saline first. Why is he doing this? He should be able
to figure out your ratios slightly, by what your were on before pumping. Is
it your pump?
Hang in there. The best is yet to come!!!!
Karla