Re: [IP] RE: Mumps ?

At 08:00 AM 11/9/97 -0600, you wrote:

>To all,
>	I have three insulin dependent diabetic friends who have been diabetic
>almost all their lives and along with me none of us have ever had the
>mumps. My wife had them after we were married and I still never caught
>them. Is there anybody out there that had the mumps after contracting IDDM
>?
>
>Buddy '-)

Buddy:

I am pretty sure I had the mumps after being diagnosed. Since I was
originally diagnosed at the age of 5 (over  42 years ago), I can't be sure
of all the details ;-) But I think I am among the group who had the mumps
after diagnosis.

Hmmm, sounds like there is another acronym brewing here ....... IDDMMAD
Insulin Dependent Diabetes Melitus Mumps After Diagnosis ;-)

Bob Burnett

mailto:email @ redacted