Re: [IP] Infusion site irritation

At 07:48 PM 11/8/97 -0500, Michael Strong wrote:
>Thanks for the info.
>
>I have a Disetronic, so my choices are filling up with either 150 units or
>300 units.  Can you fill up with any amount you want?

Mike:

You can really fill the cartridge to whatever level works well for you. If
you fill to levels different than 150 or 315 units, the pump's electronics
will not warn you of the proper amount of insulin remaining, since the
programming relies on either 150 or 315 units as the "reference point" for
further measurements.

If you use the plastic cartridges, you do have the benefit of the graduated
markings on the cartridge to serve as a visual guide for the amount of
insulin remaining and this may give you that added flexibility you are
looking for. If you fill with amounts different than the 150 or 315 units,
you will get an error when the pump calculates what it "thinks" is 20 units
of insulin remaining. (I hope I explained this o.k).

I am sure there are others here who have additional insights into this one.

Bob Burnett

mailto:email @ redacted