Re: [IP] Here I go (saline with loaner)

Our nurse educator advised my son NOT to actually bolus the saline.  She said
it would sting a bit, and didn't want to cause any unecessary pain.  Further,
we were taught to never bolus more than 6 units at a time as a large bolus
also can be painful.  (I don't know if this is just for children or not).  We
were taught to divide a large bolus, not in half, but in two parts and take
the large amount first and the smaller amount second (7 unit bolus -- 4
units, deliver, 3 units, deliver).  This has worked quite well too.

Ellen