Re: [IP] Infusion site irritation

On Fri, 7 Nov 1997, buddybarber wrote:
> 	This lady that taught me also suggested that I try 5 days between infusion
> changes and I have had no ill effects.

Don't do that if you use Humalog.  3 days maximim.  With luck you might
stretch it to 4 but not on a regular basis. I know some folks try it to
save a few $$, but if you carefully observe the infusion site, you will
see that the character of the tissue begins to change rather dramatically
along about the 4th day ( you have to look immediately after you remove
the set).  With Humalog, the corruption of the site has been reported
fairly consistently on this mail list after day 3. Not everyone has
reported thusly, but enough that you should be WARNED.

Michael