Re: [IP] Infusion site irritation

On Fri, 7 Nov 1997, David Matthews wrote:
> serter yesterday and there was no pain. It felt very comfortable until I
> took a shower this morning and some water leaked in where the tubing comes
> out of the dressing. It started to feel a little irritated so my wife (who
>
> What are some other things that I can try?

Well......  the clear adhesive dressing that comes with the MiniMed
sofset is, to put it mildly, 'crappy', a better solution is to throw the
thing away and use a 'Kendall Polyskin II' dressing.  Before removing the
backing, you fold it in two and cut a half-moon out with a pair of
cuticle scissors (the right size of course).  The Kendall adheres better
to the skin and does not have the tendency to peel up at the edges and
leak when wet.

The problems you described in your post and the MM dressing basically
coming lose when you swim (swim team you know) are the reason Lily
stopped using them.  The Kendall dressing does not exhibit these
problems. There are other dressings that are tough the might work but we
have not tried them.

Michael