Re: [IP] Re: New Pumpers

Hi Linda,
Nice to read of your encouragement to all of us newbies. I started pumping
this past Tuesday, Nov. 4th. I was very much surprised how I don't even
notice the pump hanging on me. It doesn't bother me one bit when sleeping.
Love that.

Yesterday, I changed the set for the first time...a little nervous, but did
it well. What worries me is that the cannula will crimp and I won't know it.
I use the sof-serter, which, by the way, is WONDERFUL. Don't think I could do
without it. Tomorrow, I change again. I get my instruction sheet out that my
CDE has printed up with each step numbered. Makes it very easy.

I assume that I will get an alarm if the cannula is crimped, as the driver
are won't be able to deliver correctly. Am I assuming right?

Well, I just keep on plugging along. I do need my rates all raised...Bg's a
little higher that I would like.

I think I'm going to like this wholw experience.

Sissy

P.S. Boy, am I going through the strips! Uneasy about the BG's so check 10 or
12 times a day.