Re: [IP] Fwd: Medicare Coverage Update: Dexcom G5 Mobile

Are the G5 readings instataneous of what BG is or is there a delay between
B CGM and actual BG?

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Tue, May 23, 2017 at 2:28 PM, irving
perlman<email @ redacted> wrote:   Sent from
my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

<email @ redacted>

> To view this email as a web page, go here.
>
> Dear IRVING:
> We have a quick update regarding Medicare coverage of the Dexcom G5B.
Mobile
Continuous Glucose Monitoring (CGM) System. On May 18th , an LCD (Local
Coverage Decision) was issued, further defining the requirements for
therapeutic CGM. This is positive news and allows us to take the next step in
trying to establish a supplier of the product. We recognize you are a G4
customer, and unfortunately Medicare does not cover the Dexcom G4B. PLATINUM.
However, we wanted to keep you informed of Medicare coverage for the Dexcom
G5
Mobile should you be considering a switch in the future. You may wish to
discuss with your healthcare provider whether the Dexcom G5 Mobile is
appropriate for you.

> We will be back in touch in the coming weeks with another update and next
steps. Thank you for your patience.
> If you have an immediate, critical need for Dexcom G4B. Platinum supplies,
please contact Dexcom at 888-738-3646 and we will be able to take care of
you.
> Sincerely,
> Dexcom
> PRODUCTSB  |B  B  FAQB  B  |B  B  CONTACT USB  B  |B  ABOUT US
> LBL015257 REV001
> BRIEF SAFETY STATEMENT The Dexcom G5 Mobile Continuous Glucose Monitoring
(CGM) System ("G5") is a glucose monitoring system indicated for the
management of diabetes in persons age 2 years and older. The G5 is designed
replace fingerstick blood glucose testing for diabetes treatment decisions.
The G5 also aids in the detection of episodes of hyperglycemia and
hypoglycemia. The G5 is intended for single patient use and requires a
prescription. CONTRAINDICATIONS Do not rely on the G5 CGM data if you have
recently taken acetaminophen. Remove the G5 (sensor, transmitter, and
receiver) before Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), Computed Tomography (CT)
scan, or high-frequency electrical heat (diathermy) treatment. The G5 is MR
Unsafe. Do not bring any portion of the G5 into the MRI environment. WARNING
CGM-based diabetes treatment decisions are only approved with the G5, not
previous generations of Dexcom CGM systems. Calibrate at least once every 12
hours using a fingerstick. If your G5 does not display a sensor glucose
reading and an arrow, or if you are getting inaccurate or inconsistent
readings, take a fingerstick. If your glucose readings and alerts do not
match
your symptoms or expectations, take a fingerstick to confirm. Failure to do
so
may lead to hyperglycemia or hypoglycemia. The G5 is not approved for use in
pregnant women, persons on dialysis or critically ill persons. If a sensor
breaks and no portion of it is visible above the skin, do not attempt to
remove it. Seek professional medical help if you have infection or
inflammation on or near the sensor insertion point. Report broken sensors to
Dexcom Technical Support. Sensor placement is not approved for sites other
than under the skin of the belly (ages 2 years and older) or upper buttocks
(ages 2-17 years). To bshareb data, you need an internet connection and a
separate compatible smart device running the Dexcom Follow App. Contact
Dexcom
Toll Free at 877-339-2664 or www.dexcom.com for detailed indications for use
and safety information.

> This email was sent by: Dexcom, Inc.
> 6340 Sequence Dr. San Diego, CA 92121 US
> We respect your right to privacy - view our policy
>
> Manage Subscriptions | Update Profile | Unsubscribe
(select your charity = Insulin Pumpers)