[IPn] (Fwd) your comments

Instead of a pledge drive message from me, I am forwarding the
comments of one of your fellow members.

Michael

######################################

As I watch the emails asking for donations, I feel compelled to
write. I've donated and have several times over the years, but the
last time it occurred to me why I donate.

Insulin-pumpers is a one-of-a-kind source of information that has
made a huge difference in my life.  I've been pumping for many years
and have made my decisions based on real-life experience that
I've read about and chatted about via the digest.  There is no other
one-stop-shop out there. What would I have done without it?  Worked
to compile hoardes of information myself, taken a best guess and
taken a blind plunge and only have dealt with advertising literature,
and lost the all important personal experience?

In the age of the internet, we've become used to finding anything we
want with the few clicks of the keyboard.  However, Insulin-Pumpers
was here at the Internet's infancy, and has continued to grow right
along with it. The remarkable nature of the Insulin Pumpers site and
accompanying services can almost slip by you.  Of course there's a
site like this, why wouldn't there be?

But, it's not because there's some big corporation running it with
highly paid programmers and support team.  From what I gather, it's
Michael and a lot of volunteers.  They make sure I get a response
within a few hours if I can't get my password to work, they quickly
add me back to digest list whenever I want, someone makes sure there
is content-rich information on the website.

Having managed IT organizations, and now a large business, I know
it would cost tens of thousands a month for salaries, benefits,
computers, supporting software, office supplies, etc. to keep things
humming along, yet I get it for however much I want to pay, most
recently $100.

In our town, that's two months of gym membership, nearly two months
of work-day coffee, a cute dress, half of a new phone, two months of
cable.

- List of reasons
The main reason I give?  Because I don't have to. The cable company
doesn't say "Hey pay whatever you want this month."

Please consider a contribution to the Insulin Pumpers Spring pledge
drive, visit:

     http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/donate/

any major credit card or PayPal will do the trick!

or if you would prefer to send a check....

	Insulin Pumpers
	558 Valley Way
	Milpitas, CA 95035

My warmest regards,