Re: [IP] Re: (IP) Medtronic's monopoly of the pump market

 I know what you're saying, and with pump life of 4 years, they have you once
you elect to try the MM pump. They're all sunshine and roses before the
signature is on the line, then they pull out the FDA bogeyman. "We have it but
the FDA is dragging their feet! Boo hoo! They hate children and we're trying to
get this through the process."

 Animas is no better with their $99 upgrade scam they did with the Vibe
(really... has the person that names these thing ever once thought how this
could be interpreted by the 7th grade mentality, like me?). Again, sunshine and
lollipops at the sales part, and when it came time to cash it in, they made up
new details, like, "oh yeah, you'll have to send us $799, and when we get your
Ping back, we'll give you your $700 back". They were good about that and
returned it within a week, but I really didn't need to be out $700, especially
when that detail wasn't available at purchase time. I made sure that the North
America customer service manager warned the salesman that will call me in 4
months (I'm at my 4 year mark in October) to be ready for a chewing out that
will involve no yelling, but a systematic disassembly of their sales practices,
not that they'll care.

 The sales crew at Tandem isn't too impressive, either. After telling them I
want the pump that communicates with the Dexcom, but I told them I'm going to
the G5, so she put down that I will be getting the old style. Hey, Buttercup,
you tell me what the choices are, and I'll tell you what I want. I know what my
insurance covers, and I also know that a pump that doesn't have CGM
communication won't ever have it, but one that does will still communicate with
a Dexcom G4 in 4 years, plus the upgrade cost, should you go to G5 comes out of
my pocket, and you can thank Animas for my jaded view of pump companies. Plus,
the CGM prescriptions are for a year, not 4, and I don't want to wait for the
next presidential election to get out of the pump with no CGM bandwagon.

 So, as I've learned from Dr. House: People lie. And salespeople are some of the
best people in the world.

Ok, rant off now...

Sent from my iPhone