[IP] Venting, sad news.......

Yesterday, my eldest son was diagnosed with Type I.  We were doing to a trial
net study and he volunteered to help find a cure for Type I.  He had been in
this trial net study for the last 4 yrs.  We knew 4 yrs ago, he had 2 of the 4
+antigens and that's why he was in the advanced stages of the study.  They
told us when we first found out he had the + antigens that there would be a
likelihood of him getting the disease, but unknown, he might, he might not.
It was the unknown,   Well, I got slapped in the face with shock yesterday as
my son who has helped and supported my very own Type I diabetes, gets the news
during the trial study that he has it himself.  My heart is so devastated, I
would NEVER wish this on anyone......then my own child gets it.  We got news
at 1130 and was sent to the Barbara Davis Center immediately.  Dr talked to us
and said that maybe his pancreas is working 20-30%, but glad we caught it
early.  My thoughts were, well, not exactly  the same as his--but as I calm
down I see the point.  My heart just breaks and I had to vent to a group that
understood.  He is taking much better than myself.  Just stinks......plain
F@#!in stinks!!