From: "Jerry Smith" <email @ redacted>
To: email @ redacted
Cc: email @ redacted, email @ redacted, email @ redacted
Sent: Friday, May 30, 2014 12:40:44 PM
Subject: Re: Test Strip Restrictions and CGM Usage

Hi Kristina, David, and Padma,

 I agree that your YMMV. My MM trainer was concerned with excessive calibration
by some of her patients. If you feel a need to test ten or more times per day,
then make sure you limit your calibrations to three or four per day. I have
found the Enlite sensor to be very accurate, especially in recognizing low BGs.
I have set my low glucose suspend for 65 mg/dl and have had some activations
overnight. It is a great benefit of the 530G system.

 David, if you are testing six or more times per day, then why do you have to
calibrate at 2:00 am? I calibrate before bedtime and then rely on my CGM for
alarms or low glucose suspend. What is the harm of treating a low based on a
recently calibrated CGM?

 My health care team is very satisfied with an HbA1c between 6.5% and 7.0%. I am
75 years old, so I no longer try to achieve anything lower, due to the dangers
of severe hypoglycemia. It is my primary concern as I get older.

 I appreciated your comments. You all seem to be doing something right. May you
enjoy good health for many years to come.

Jerry Smith