Re: [IP] Test Strip Restrictions

The way I see it (and this reply may have already been sent - in the middle of
my diatribe, my computer switched to a list of the best bars in Portland).
Anyway, the way I see it insurance companies must then be more interested in
paying for EMS transport, Emergency Dept fees, costs associated with
complications. I am fortunate, my health plan covers what my physician Rx's. I
have an Rx for 10-15 tests a day:
1) Upon Waking
2) Before breakfast
3) fter Breakfast
4) Before Lunch
5) After Lunch
6) Before gym/hiking etc
7) After said physical activity
8) Before dinner
9) After dinner
10 Bedtime.
Then there are those times during activity, every time I get behind the
steering wheel of a vehicle,B  or my CGM tells me things are changing (I pay
out of pocket for the CGM - well worth it).
In Oregon there was a discussion by the health policy board about limiting
strips for people with type 2 to 2 strips a week. That's ridiculous - how can
they determine the before and after effects of something they ate, or
activity.