From: email @ redacted
[mailto:email @ redacted] On Behalf Of Cindi
Goldman-Patin
Sent: Friday, May 31, 2013 22:46
To: email @ redacted
Cc: email @ redacted
Subject: Re: [IP] Medicare won't even cover the strips we need

 From the medical side of things, research is now showing that it is not the
high blood sugars that cause the vascular damage but rather the fluctuations
of blood sugars. This would potentially be a stronger argument re: test
strips & sensors. In addition, it is these fluctuations that is also causing
complications to develop in people with pre-diabetes. In my own CDE
practice, I have worked with several patients who developed neuropathy and
then testing showed pre-diabetes. Research also shows that damage occurs at
blood sugars less than 126 - again going back to the fluctuations.

Cindi
Type 1 x 40 years
RN CDE

Sent from my iPad

On May 31, 2013, at 20:49, d-d <email @ redacted> wrote:

 > A Type 2 friend and I were standing together when a third person
interjected, "So you're both diabetic and you're both different types of
diabetic. Which one of you has the worst kind of diabetes?" We pointed at
each other! If I don't have insulin, I feel pretty horrible pretty fast, but
my friend Cindy will not notice if her BG is too high and that's when damage
can occur to her heart, eyes and kidneys - all sneakily.