Re: [IP] Medicare won't even cover the strips we need

I skipped over the bits about how our medications have changed over the
years.  The oral drug of choice for T2's in the 1960s was Orinase.  Do
they even make Orinase anymore?  Now there are 5 major categories of
drugs for T2's.  They need to know how well they're working, and not
just a wild guess like Clinitest results would reveal.  As for T1's,
from the 1940s until the early '80s, we were mostly on long-acting
insulins made from cows and pigs. With insulin analogs, T1 BGs can
change rapidly. Sure, we could pass out while using the old-style
insulins.  Novolog, Humalogand Apidra work much faster and we need to
know our 'altitude' so we don't crash the plane (Thanks, Candace!).

Denise Br.

https://www.twitter.com/**insulinpumpers<https://www.twitter.com/insulinpumpers>