Re: [IP] Medicare won't even cover the strips we need

Getting back to the original subject, Medicare doesn't want to pay for
the _testing_ supplies that we need, remember that Medicare came into
existence in 1964 when almost every T1 diabetic died within 10 years of
diagnosis. Then, as now, most T1's became diabetic as preteens, so every
adult Type 1 diabetic person was a anomaly - because most Type1 juvenile
diabetics died before reaching age 25. Therefore, every diabetic person
over the age of 40 is T2, very stable BG-wise, and in no way needing
test strips and certainly not continuous glucose management systems!
The Medicare system muckety-mucks seem to think that a pancreas will
magically start functioning as a person ages.

Not to skip over the T2's who can use strips and glucose monitors!  The
system puts itself at risk if it has to pay more for care if people
suffer the consequences of poor management of blood sugar levels.

We need to educate the Medicare senior management,  Keep up the
letter-writing campaign.  And...report the people who deliberately and
callously  profit by buying/selling excess supplies.

Off of my soapbox!