Re: [IP] Medicare won't even cover the strips we need

I agree. The gloating is hard to swallow, particularly since I (and many of
us) are ineligible for SSI or SSDI. Being in SSI is not an
accomplisment. There is a general lack of understanding about individual
situations here anyway. It's irritating to hear someone from Arizona go on
and on about something that will never happen in Illinois, for example.
Nonetheless, what Piggly-Wiggly* charges for test strips can't help me--but
it might help someone else.

Boasting about your better test strip allotment, or the lack thereof is
just plain crass. More general info is useful, but even specific triumphs
are encouraging. Sue, please smack me hard if I gloat when I get a job and
excellent insurance, which none of "you people" have. I'll tell you how
many hundreds of strips I get each month...how much better my pump is,
how awesome my CGMS is compared to none. I'll wonder why "you people"
don't get a sweet corporate job with Cadillac benefits. Since I'm doing
well, I need not empathize with those who are struggling.

In reality. I asked for a new Rx for One-Touch Strips. Couldn't get it
filled, it was $130. Back to testing once or twice a day, I guess. There is
my boast about lousy coverage! My solution to this issue will be useful,
when I find one. In the meantime, if I ever do get that dream job and
insurance, I'll be happy, because I'll have extra supplies to share! -smile-

*insert favorite regional or local retailer here.