From: Paul Lehman
Sent: Sunday, May 22, 2011 12:37 PM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: RE: [IP] Need info on hypoglycemic

My daughter has hypoglycemia. She has been able to take care of it by eating
small amounts of food throughout the day. She carries a snack, low carb,
with her now, a few crackers and usually some nuts. If she eats a high carb
meal she can get really lethargic afterwards, and also things like candy
bars will make her BG drop rather quickly due to over production on Insulin.
If she doesn't eat small snacks between meals she can get confused and even
minor shakes.

It seems that there is a boost or overdrive in Insulin production to counter
any sugars in the system. I had a friend that I saw pass out 30 minutes
after eating a Snickers bar. I can't say for sure but it seems that being
careful on carb intake during meals and small snacks and smaller meals seem
to do the trick for my daughter. She is half Italian and does love Pasta but
it really sends her for a loop when she eats a big plate of it.

Paul R. Lehman