[IP] Animas Cartridge Recall (Feb/2011)

As everybody knows (especially Ping users), Animas recalled a bunch of
cartridges in February and sent out replacements.  But I've been using
one of the boxes that they sent me, and it seems like my BGs are going
whacko, and they're going whacko exactly the same way that they did in
January-February:  they like to stay around 200-250 and no correction
bolus will bring that down.  If I eat something that requires a large
bolus, it doesn't work.  Tonight for supper I had a DQ burger and shared
a small order of fries with my ex-husband. After 14 units, a walk in the
local nature center, a trip to Menards (big store, long walk), I was
280.  Usually, that requires something really carb-loaded to get that
high.  But I didn't have a Blizzard... or drink any mystery soda from
the fountain.  I ran out of insulin this a.m. and changed everything,
and changed the infusion set again in between temper tantrums.

I am using Comfort 23" infusion sets with the longer cannula - Lot
634995, insulin that I bought 3 months ago locally at Walgreens which is
highly effective when delivered by syringe and Animas cartridges for the
Ping - Lot B201629.

My normal I:C ratio is 1 unit per 6 grams of carbs and my CF is 1:35, so
14 units should put me under the table.  Nope.  I was slighted PO'd at
280, and took 10 units by syringe.  That brought me to 110 in less than
2 hours and am now watching carefully to make sure that I don't go any
lower.

So...to make a long story short, is anyone else having trouble with
Animas' replacement cartridges?  I am calling them tomorrow to inquire.

Denise B.