RE: [IP] SS Disability

> From: email @ redacted
> To: email @ redacted
> Subject: [IP] SS Disability
> Date: Sat, 7 May 2011 21:27:21 -0400
>

> > I know of many people on disability that drive but I know that doctors,
ex.,
> eye doctors, neurologists, primary care docs, etc. can and obligated to
> report to the department of motor vehicles or secretary of state if they
> feel a person is unsafe to drive.
I do believe I have heard people talk about being
> low and were in an accident and how that was not a good thing.

check blood sugar before driving and if you are driving for a while and
> do not feel right-check blood sugar and keep supplies on hand to treat
> accordingly. Take care, Sharon

Also, paramedics on the scene of an accident will report to the Dept. of Motor
Vehicles.  I have wondered is it worse to have an accident for a DUI or a
Driving While Low? Once you have that scarlet letter on your driving report it
will always be there and one will always will have diabetes. Not so with
alcohol related incidents one would think. One is not always going to be drunk
behind the wheel, but one will always be diabetic behind the wheel. Then if a
police officer sees your car and runs your tag they see that you can elect to
have that you are diabetic on your drivers license.