[IPn] Re: Pledge drive

Received this note from a "veteran member".... it says it all!

################ Begin

Hey Insulin Pumpers! I have been a member of this listserve for nine
plus years and I have found IP to be a great source of support to me.
 IP has 5000 members and being a member is generally free but
it does take money and your support to keep it running. Many of us
are local people with jobs, some of us are on on limited incomes.

Pledge drives support the cost of running IP, things like rental to
our building and office supplies.  etc. You may hear from an IP
administrator from time to time -those people are volunteers. We are
here to support you and your life being healthy as a person with

For myself, I have relied on my fellow pumpers in the chat rooms and
on the  digest for answers related to diabetes. A couple of years
ago, I had to have eye surgery, was totally at a loss and was given
very helpful advice to help me through a difficult time in my life.
We are all here for a reason, that is why IP needs support from
people like you!

All donations are tax deductable and are highly appreciated. We need
to stay together and help one another to maintain continuing support
for Insulin Pumpers, without it we would truly be alone just like I
felt when I was first diagnosed with diabetes.

Please make your donation soon as  it would be so much appreciated!

############## End

FYI, the MARYLAND challenge is still open with $55 in matching
funds available to double the value of your pledge. To accept this
challenge or to become a SUSTAINING contributor, visit:

or, you can mail a check to:

	Insulin Pumpers
	558 Valley Way
	Milpitas, CA 95035

In the UK, you can send a cheque by post in pounds sterling or just

My best regards
Michael Robinton
Executive Director
For mail list removal write