Thanks Tom, great analysis.

What I meant was on a more practical level... how does the thinset prevent
reuse? I've used the paradigm reservoirs multiple times and although they tell
you not too, there nothing physically preventing you from doing it.

From: Tom Mmm <email @ redacted>
To: Insulin Pumpers <email @ redacted>;
email @ redacted
Cc: email @ redacted
Sent: Monday, 1 June, 2009 6:35:00 AM
Subject: [IP] RE: insulin-pumpers-digest V11 #416

What it means to me is... greater expense to its customer base. This causes
higher insurance premiums and more profit to the insulin pump manufacturers.
The design of all the DME parts is not efficient and there is no intention to
improve them. Why should they limit their profits?
I have reused reservoirs successfully  on different pumps. The biggest issue
is with the silicon lubricant that moves the inside reservoir tube back and
forth. I get away with using them for 2 refills. No problem or any
backpressure issues for setting off the pump alarms. The alarms trigger more
often when you might hit a minor vein clogging up the needle end with blood,
then causing a higher BG than expected.

Best Regards, Tom M

      Need a Holiday? Win a $10,000 Holiday of your choice. Enter