[IP] RE: insulin-pumpers-digest V11 #416

What it means to me is... greater expense to its customer base. This causes
higher insurance premiums and more profit to the insulin pump manufacturers.
The design of all the DME parts is not efficient and there is no intention to
improve them. Why should they limit their profits?
I have reused reservoirs successfully  on different pumps. The biggest issue
is with the silicon lubricant that moves the inside reservoir tube back and
forth. I get away with using them for 2 refills. No problem or any
backpressure issues for setting off the pump alarms. The alarms trigger more
often when you might hit a minor vein clogging up the needle end with blood,
then causing a higher BG than expected.

Best Regards, Tom M

> ------------------------------
> Date: Sun, 31 May 2009 07:17:29 -0700 (PDT)
> From: email @ redacted
> Subject: [IP] Reusing Thinset reservoirs
> Hi Everyone,
> As I've mentioned before, I've ordered some of the
> Luer lock reservoirs for the Paradigm pump (reservoirs by Fifty50 and
> Applied Diabetes Research). I was wondering whether anyone has
> experience reusing this reservoirs?
> I've heard that "the design, prevents reuse" but I'm not sure what that
> means.
> Any tips welcome.
> Henry.-
> Author of D and The Guy
> http://www.dandtheguy.com

Insert movie times and more without leaving Hotmail..