From: email @ redacted
[mailto:email @ redacted] On Behalf Of S. Falconer
Sent: Friday, May 30, 2008 1:46 PM
To: IP
Subject: [IP] reasonable?

 Am I being a "bad" patient (not that I really give a dead rat's a**), if I
question my doctor on WHY he thinks he needs to change and UP my cholesterol
medicine?? Granted, we are a group, are more prone to heart attacks and
stroke and all that, but here are the givens:

 My total cholesterol is 186, Acording to the American Heart Assoc., under
200 is desireable

 My HDL is 50 (down from its usual 65 this time, I suspect since I have
stopped my fierce work outs due to my frozen shoulder).  The AHA says
over 40 is desireable

My Triclycerides are 98. The AHA says under 150 is normal

 My LDL is slightly over the 100 mark at 116, but given all my other numbers
shouldn't this get SOME credit??

 WHY does he want to change me from the lovostatin I have been on for years
to a higher does of zocor?  The lovostatin is a $4 drug at Target!! The
generic of Zocor isn't!  It is not the money -  it is WHY???? the
change.

thoughts?

sara