[IP] reasonable?

 Am I being a "bad" patient (not that I really give a dead rat's a**), if I
question my doctor on WHY he thinks he needs to change and UP my cholesterol
medicine?? Granted, we are a group, are more prone to heart attacks and stroke
and all that, but here are the givens:

 My total cholesterol is 186, Acording to the American Heart Assoc., under 200
is desireable

 My HDL is 50 (down from its usual 65 this time, I suspect since I have stopped
my fierce work outs due to my frozen shoulder).  The AHA says over 40 is
desireable

My Triclycerides are 98. The AHA says under 150 is normal

 My LDL is slightly over the 100 mark at 116, but given all my other numbers
shouldn't this get SOME credit??

 WHY does he want to change me from the lovostatin I have been on for years to a
higher does of zocor?  The lovostatin is a $4 drug at Target!! The generic
of Zocor isn't!  It is not the money -  it is WHY???? the change.

thoughts?

sara