[IP] MY two gushers....bloody tales....you've been warned

thes were previously posted to IP but I wanted to share MY gusher story too!!
*******

 This happened to me one time and I thought I was gonna die! I was changing my
site - It was a fairly new site - like less than 2 days, but it had gotten
really sore, but not red or anything. I was standing at the kitchen counter and
I pulled the site out (using bent needles at this time) I wiped the spot with an
alcohol pad and carried on filling the next infusion set. I noticed a warm
sensation on my stomach and looked down to see blood OOZING out of the site! Not
gushing but literally thick blood OOZING - got the picture? eww grosssss!

 So I wiped it again with the alcohol pad. Since this was pre-surgery, I had a
nice roll of fat on my belly, and this site happened to be on the down side of
the roll, so I used one hand to stretch my skin up a little so I can see what
the hell is going on. Well, when I wiped the oozing blood off amd then stretched
the skin, it was like I had turned on a fire hose!! This pin sized hole spewed
blood with enough force to hit my kitchen cabinets. Stupidly, I stretched my
skin up again to see what the hell is going on and blood continues in a real
purty arc around the kitchen - window, curtains, stove. etc.
 I am, as you can imagine, FREAKING OUT!!!. The two alcohol pads are soaked, so
I grab the kitchen towel and press it into my stomach. I am bleeding to death I
think.....I go sit down cuz for some reason I am feeling rather faint, with this
towel pressed into my stomach. I peek under it only to be rewarded by blood in
my face. I hold the towel there another minute and peek again -
  this sucker is still gushing! So, living alone as I did, I called 911 and
about the time the operator answered, I thought, I am not going to incur an
ambulance expense not to mention the ER headache for a mere nose bleed outta my
belly. So I hung up and sat down again.
  I had to keep the towel there another 5 minutes before it stopped bleeding. At
the end of all this, the towel, my underwear, etc. was soaked in blood. All of
this out of a eensy weensy itty bitty pin sized hole.
 What I think happened is that the needle had nicked a blood vessel at some
point during the day which starting the initial discomfort. It had bled under
the skin but the needle kept re nicking it maybe, cuz I was running around and
doing alot f physical stuff all day. When I first pulled it out, the oozing
blood was just like clotted blood that had pooled there near the site - when I
wiped the clot away with the alcohol pad, it was like turning on the hose. Who
know. I had a nice bruise, but that's it.
   AND
5/12/2000

 I had another one tonight...Only the 2nd one is more than 7 years
pumping...THIS IS GROSS - you have been warned...

 SO i have been having awesome bgs since my surgery, but yesterday morning had 2
unexplainable ones in the 200s. I noticed a bit of blood just where the canula
enters the skin, so figured I would do a site change...this one was from last
Tuesday anyway....so I did...about 2 inches away, same side but further
back....plugged in, primed and went about my day....great sugars all day

 Tonight, I woke up around 4am and my hand was on my sit which felt a little
wierd...and I noticed my pump was GONE!!! what? I was still kinda drowsy, so I
felt around...found the pump where I knew it would be, and followed the tubing
to my body...ahhh there it was - new site and I moved my hand back to the OLD
site, which I now realized I had left in, and lifted the tape off, pulled it off
and dozed back to sleep.

 Now it has been hotter than hell's kitchen here in hell's kitchen, NYC so I am
used to being slightly damp when I sleep, and I didn't think anything unusual
when I felt that first drop of "sweat" roll down my back...as I wiped it away i
thought that feels weird...and as i moved my hand around it felt awfully soaking
wet for a little sweat, and awfully warm and sticky even for MY sweat...so i
turn on my light...My hand is COVERED in blood. My arm all the way to the elbow
is covered in blood, my stomach looks like a prop for ER!!! my innie navel is
FULL of blood - and it is all over the place...sheet, pillow, t-shirt,
underwear...I grab a tissue...kinda like grabbing a can of Raid for the plague
of the locusts I would imagine...and hold it to the "wound" thick darkish blood
OOZING from it...it is soaked in seconds...grab a roll of toilet paper I keep
handy for night time snotty noses and press the entire roll to me....and watch
in amazement as the red spreads through it...

 Finally it stops enough so i can get down out of the loft and into the bathroom
to clean myself off. I looked like Carrie at the Prom...my roommate for some
reason was up watching TV...scared the crap outta him...

LOL I love diabetes  - i hope this comes out of the mattress!!!

we now return you to your regularly scheduled "new" questions and concerns

Sara