RE: [IP] my first gusher

--- On Wed, 5/28/08, Andrea Wilkinson <email @ redacted> wrote:

> I have had the same thing with quick-sets! It freaked me
> out the first time,
> because it bled for so long and I wasn't in the shower.
> I am the same as
> Liz, the site was not ever bad. It has only happened to me
> during the past
> few months, probably 4 different times. I think I've
> used quick-sets for 2
> or 3 years, but I can't remember how long.

 My gusher was with a Silhouette. I had too many problems with QuickSets and
stopped using them. I mentioned them because I used to leave the old sets in
until I was sure a new one was working properly, then I'd take the old one out.
Most of the old ones were removed when I was at work. I would hate to have had a
gusher there and have to take the bus home wearing clothes covered in blood. Now
with Silhouettes, I always remove the old cannula in the shower before inserting
a new one. It was nice not having to worry about cleaning up a bloody mess, or
holding a cold compress on it until it stopped bleeding.

--
Liz
Type 1 dx 4/1987