Re: [IP] Square wave (combination bolus)

--- On Sat, 5/24/08, Carol Lee Stefan-Stern <email @ redacted> wrote:

> After pumping for 8 years, I am now trying to use this
> combo bolus. Frankly, I
> have no idea how to get started.
>
> Even though I know everyone is different,do most of you:
> Use the larger percentage up front or the smaller?
> Split (typically) over 2 hours or 3?
> Use this scheme for every meal, or only certain kinds?

 I use a dual wave bolus for high fat meals and for holidays/parties where
there's a lot of food & a lot of grazing! I also use it pretty much every day
for lunch because I almost always go for a walk after I eat. I usually set the
square portion for 2 - 2.5 hours and give 30%-40% as a normal bolus and the rest
squared. It depends on what I'm eating, what my BG is before I eat and how long
I think I'll be walking.

 For high fat meals I always have to increase the pump's bolus recommendation
and square for at least 4-5 hours.

--
Liz
Type 1 dx 4/1987