Re: [IP] Profit Potential in the Insulin Pump Market (Was Pump Protector)

From: Ricardo <email @ redacted>
> Given the realities that Michael outlined as well as data from David
> Kliff of diabeticinvestor.com, I would expect future profits in the
> insulin pump market to only provide modest improvements in
> technology.

Ricardo,

 Once again, thank you so much for your fascinating analysis. I have never
thought about R&D at pump manufacturers slowing down. Ignorant as I am, I just
considered they were going full speed ahead. Your post made me re-think that.

> David states that the Type 1 population is not growing fast enough to
> sustain the pump business.

 So, my question to you is: Is there any hope whatsoever for a closed-loop
system? I had been so hopeful - even without doing much research - I guess just
pie-in-the-sky speculating, but you certainly make my hopes plummet.

Tom
--
dx 1985 at age 32
MM 522 8/07