RE:[IP] Dental problem, numbing tooth

Mark Wrote:
<Every time I've had fillings, root canal's, etc., the dentist office
doing the work has commented on how LITTLE numbing pre-treatment I've
needed...>

Requiring smaller amounts of pain killers can be a good thing or a
bad thing in the case of a neuropathy being the cause for the
diminished need for analgesics.

<Wouldn't it seem more logical, and cost effective for the insurer to
cover needed work IMMEDIATELY rather than saying "You need to have
our coverage for xxx-years BEFORE we will even consider covering such
a treatment."???>

For the average person, tooth pain is the type of pain to motivate a
person to run to the dentist, though it may be out of pocket. In the
eyes of the insurance company, it is economically wiser to have the
waiting period flush out most new patients who may have extensive
dental problems, force them to pay out of pocket and start insurance
afterwards.