[IP] Dental problem, numbing tooth

marie wrote:
Has anyone had a problem with the dentist not being able to numb a
tooth?  The whole side of my face got numb but the tooth was still
sensitive.  I was given at least 5 shots.  No numb tooth!

Ricardo Responds:
Another possibility is a condition such as sinusitis which can create
a neuralgia that is mistaken for tooth pain. The dentist can shoot a
lot of local pain killers into the tooth, but since the pain is
radiating from elsewhere, the tooth appears not to numb.