Re: [IP] remembering to prime out air bubbles

--- On Fri, 5/23/08, Yessi Pal <email @ redacted> wrote:

> I found a couple of big air bubbles in my tubing earlier
> today, but they
> were way at the top and it's taken several hours for
> the bubble to travel
> down to my site.  I didn't want to prime all that good
> insulin out to purge
> the bubbles, but I've been afraid I'll forget about
> it and end up high later
> on.  I put a soft hair rubberband around the pump to remind
> me, but it tends
> to slip off in my pocket.  Does anyone have a good idea how
> to keep track of
> this?
>
> Yessi, pumping with Minimed 515

 Why not set an alarm with the pump? When I notice large air bubbles at the pump
end of the tubing I don't want to prime out all that insulin either, so I wait
for it to travel down so I only have to waste a little insulin. Usually I
remember to check the tubing throughout the day but I'll also use the alarm
clock feature on the pump to remind me. A few times I have done what Felix
suggested but I hate going through all of those steps!

--
Liz
Type 1 dx 4/1987