[IP] T1 Organ Donation

I just became aware of NDRI, National Disease Resource Interchange,
web site at www.ndriresource.org . It was founded in 1980, as
National Diabetes Resource Interchange, by Lee Ducat, who had also
founded what is now JDRF. The NDRI web site seems to put a lot of
emphasis on the need for post-mortem donations of T1 pancreata.
(That's a word that takes some getting used to. It's the plural of
pancreas.) Not only was I not aware of NDRI, I was also not aware
that there is a need for post-mortem donation of T1 pancreata.

I found out about NDRI through the 50-Year Medalist study at Joslin
Diabetes Center, which has started recruiting the post-mortem
donation of pancreas and kidneys by 50-Year Medalists. Joslin is
working with NDRI to coordinate the donation process. NDRI handles
all kinds of human tissue, not just pancreata.

If you're interested, check NDRI at www.ndriresource.org .

Tom Beatson
dx 12/1942, 506 1995, 508 2000, Cozmo 2005