[IP] Was "Immediate help needed"

Thanks very much to all who responded.

I did go to the ER this morning because the nausea was getting bad. Didn9t
throw up, and I9d been hydrating really well, but still felt awful.

The ER docs were great, immensely interested in my pump, saying they don9t
often see them because, 3Let9s face it, folks who are savvy enough to be
pumping are usually in great control and doing well.2 After they listened to
what had transpired with my set, they agreed that I looked fine and my
every-fifteen-minute tests showed them I was dropping, just not as fast as I
would9ve liked.

They did a blood draw and said my panels, electrolytes and potassium looked
great so I9m already home. A 45 minute ER visit! Amazing.

My BS is down to 230 right now and I9m feeling pretty much normal. The
smartest thing I think I did was to drink a large amount of water at 3:20 am
and then got over 32 ounces in within the couple hours where I figured out
I9d had a bad site. Even the blood draw nurse commented how nicely hydrated
I was.

So again, thanks much. I was resisting going to the hospital because in 16
years I9ve only had to go once. I KNEW standard procedure is to go,
especially since I was spilling ketones. Good lesson for me.

Valerie
http://www.valerieadamsglass.com