Re: [IP] Pump Protector

Jenny didn't abuse her pump by carrying it in her pocket. And Animas
redesigned the plastic cover over the screen after a few months and it's
been wonderful ever since. Animas thanked us for our concern about the
quality of the screen. They even gave us a free permanent loaner to have on
hand while they were redesigning the screen cover.

I doubt that refurbishing a pump and sending it out again costs the
manufacturer that much. From what I understand, most of the cost of pumps is
research and development.