Re: [IP] Minimed Pathway, upgrading to GGMS question

I do not know of any insurance company that will cover the cost to upgrade
before the warranty is up.  Of course there may be a plan out there that I
have not heard of.  I was in a similar, tiomewise, as you are and I opted to
pay to upgrade prior to warranty being up.  It was $699 and then, once they
receive your old pump they will credit $400 back to your account.  So, you
are paying $299 for 2 years of a warantied pump.  Then, it will go out of
warranty.  Now my insurance will then pay for me to upgrade aqain at that
time to a brand new fully covered pump (whatever new stuff will be
available).
The start-up sensor pack which includes your transmitter, 10 sensore,
charger and inserter are part of this kit.  I had to pay $86 for this, but
my next sensor order did not cost me a dime (great insurance).. Cynthia