From: email @ redacted
[mailto:email @ redacted] On Behalf Of Purohit,
Manish
Sent: Wednesday, May 21, 2008 4:45 AM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: [IP] Pump - Question

Hi,

 My name is Manish Purohit (from India) and my son (Anay, 10 Yrs old) is
having
type 1 diabetes since last one year. He is using Minimed 715 pump for
last five
months. I have following questions.

 For last two days, we have changed his canola two times and still his
levels
are not maintained. We (every time) have to give him insulin shots to
bring his
levels to normal range. He takes the canola in his stomach. We have also
done
self test on the pump, change cartridge (although same batch) and
checked if
proper insulin is coming out of the pump. We are really frustrated as we
don't
have any clue about how to proceed. I will also talk to our doctor
regarding
this issue.

 Generallly his levels are not maintained on 3rd or 4th day and we are
always in
a dilemma that should we change his canola on 3rd or 4th day. He insists
change it on 4th day.

Please help and advice.

Thanks and Regards
Manish