From: Jordana Rosenberg <email @ redacted>

To: email @ redacted

Sent: Sat, 17 May 2008 7:52 am

Subject: [IP] Symlin in pump?

 Please support Insulin Pumpers by making a donation to the SPRING pledge drive.
Your contribution is essential to help us continue to provide service to the
diabetes community. Please visit: http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/donate.shtml
Your annual contribution will eliminate this header from your IP mail Hi
Everyone, I know that people on this list have said they've tried delivering
symlin through an extra pump. I have a couple of questions about any potential
problems with this system: 1)Does the ph of symlin harm or clog the pump,
cartridge, cannula, etc., in any way? I know symlin is more acidic than insulin,
so I'm not sure if it deteriorates the cartridge or cannula, or clogs it, or
clogs the pump. 2)Is it a problem to deliver symlin to the same site over a
period of three days? 3)How frequently do you change the site if you do deliver
symlin through it? Thank you all in advance, Jordana Jordana Rosenberg Assistant
Professor !
  University of Massachusetts, Amherst Department of English 453 Bartlett Hall
Amherst, MA 01003 (ph) 413-545-2576 .