Re: [IP] suspend feature

>Every one remember there is a suspend feature on most pumps, and if not just
>simply disconnect from your infusion set if ever your to low and no quick
>acting sugar is available. It very well could save your life...

ANY type of sugar or starch will hit you faster than cutting your
basal.  If you are alert enough to hit suspend accurately and there
are NO carbohydrates available (out in the wilderness?  In your car
and you forgot your emergency carbs?), use the temporary basal at 0
or a very low number for a couple of hours instead.  That way it'll
I use the suspend (followed immediately by resume) only if I want to
cancel an ongoing bolus, either because (1) I'm going too high while
a dual is active, in which case I suspend, resume, use the bolus
history to see how much of the dual was not delivered and do a manual
bolus for that amount, or (2) I've accidentally bolused too much and
catch it fast enough.
--
Sue Ann Bowling, North Pole, Alaska