From: S. Falconer <email @ redacted>
To: IP <email @ redacted>
Sent: Friday, May 16, 2008 8:54:34 AM
Subject: [IP] re: suspend

robert wrote:

>..there is a suspend feature on most pumps, and if
> not just simply disconnect from your infusion set
> if ever your to low and no quick acting sugar is
> available. It very well could save your life...

I have to disagree on that account.  The insulin causing one to
be low NOW is not the insulin going in NOW...and if I should
happen to go so low that I pass out, I sure won't be able
to hook back up or unsuspend.  I know, eventually, if I don't
die, my liver WILL kick in and dump glycagen and my blood sugar
will start rising (unless I am such a control freak, I keep
my numbers running super low all the time and deplete
my natural stores of glucagen on a normal basis (which isn't
a problem for me)

The only, really ONLY, answer to this question is, you should
Never ever EVER be without quick acting sugar. Turning the
pump off or suspending will not help you right NOW