Re: [IP] Pump Protector

I'm going to try the screen protector option. I have some that I bought
for my GPS navigator, though I'm not sure they'll work as the 2020
screen isn't flat like a PDA, it's curved, we'll see.

I really was hoping to find a nice quality, thin cover to protect the
pump. My son's Distetronics all (HTron/DTron) came with three covers, a
plastic clip, a leather case w/ clip and a thin cotton cover with
plastic where the screen was. I might just have to make one for his
Animas as it looks like no one makes one. All the cases I've found
online are either geared toward young children or are just too bulky and
go outside your clothing on your belt.

We have had the opposite experience as Kay mentioned below. My son had
his 1250 for over two years and it seemed like nothing could scratch the
body paint or the screen. His 2020, on the other hand, had all the
surface paint come off (just the dull base plastic showing) and the
screen was pretty scratched after less than a year's use.

His pump had a system alarm about a week ago, which requires you to call
into Animas, mostly to just "check in" and verify what you were doing to
get the alarm and what type of alarm it was. The rep determined that the
alarm we received did not indicate any problem with the pump and then
asked us if we were happy with the pump or had any other issues with it.
I mentioned the paint and scratch issue just to let them know about it
and the rep insisted on replacing the pump. I was perfectly happy to
leave it as is since it wasn't affecting functionality, but the rep said
the pump's paint shouldn't have come off like that and that they didn't
want there to be any issues with being able to view the pump's screens.

My son doesn't "baby" his pump but doesn't abuse it either. I just want
to keep the new one from getting it's screen scratched like the one we
just sent back. For a product that is a life-line, such as an insulin
pump, I would expect it to hold up as good as, if not better than a cell
phone, an ipod or a PDA. JMHO.

--
Allison
Mom to Tarek, 16 y.o., dx Type 1 11/98, Animas 2020, Novolog, FreeStyle Lite