RE: Re: [IP] Bolus Dummy

Hi again, Tom --

 > I still wish they would fix that
 > (sorry, Felix).

:-)

 > "Pumping Insulin" has a table that
 > shows for my weight (145 lbs), 1 g
 > should raise 5 mg/dl.

_Pumping Insulin_ has a great many tables. However, the only one
whose numbers are reasonably close for everyone is the Table of
Contents.

You can get an approximation of this particular number from your
carb/insulin ratio and your correction factor. For me, for
instance, 1u of insulin is aequivalent to 15g of carbs when
eating; and 1u of insulin is aequivalent to a drop of 30 mg/dl
when correcting.

Thus, eating 15g of carbs without taking insulin would raise my BG
by about 30 mg/dl -- so eating 1 gram of sugar would raise my BG
by 2 mg/dl.

You could, of course, fast for a while, then bring your BG up to a
safe value, take a unit of half a unit of insulin, and then keep
checking. (This requires that you have no active insulin when you
take the .5 or 1 unit.)

Cheers,
Felix.